MACA750™ Nutritional Values and Composition
Since the 1960s, serious research has been undertaken in relation to maca’s nutritional and medicinal values (Obreg'n. 1998), confirming the traditional claims of maca's contribution to human health.
Maca's high nutritional value comes from the fact that its flour contains about 59% carbohydrates, 14% proteins, 9% fiber and 2% lipids among other components (Garr', 1972; Garr', Le'n y Julca, 1993, and Deni A., Migliuolo G.Rastrelli L., Saturnino P., and Schefino O.; 1994; Cabieses 1997).
Maca's Nutritional Profile
AMINO ACIDS: alanine, lysine and arginine, aspartime, glutamine, glycine, histidine, OH-proline, isoleucine, leucine, methionine, phenylalanine, proline, sarcosine, serine, threonine, tyrosine, and valine.
MINERALS: calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium and zinc.
STEROLS: brassicasterol, erogosterol, ergostadienol, campesterol, sitosterol, and stigmasterol.
20 FATTY ACIDS: laric, myristic, palmitic, palmitoleic, linoleic, arachidic, steric, behanic, nervonic, lignoceric, tridecanoic,7-tridecanoic, perntadecanoic,7-pentadecanoic, heptadecanoic,9-heptadecanoic,nonadecanoic,11-nonadecanoic, saturated fatty acids and 15-eicosenoic.
All these phytochemicals combined with maca's full array of vitamins, including A, B1, B2, B3, B12, C, D and E; along with saponins, tannins, carbohydrates, protein, and benzyl isothiocyanate, p-methoxybenzyl isothiocyanate, and I-ecdysone makes the maca plant one of the most powerful medicinal plants on earth!
Specifically, MACA750 contains:
However, the major importance of maca flour comes from the combination of its nutritional elements with other components giving heightened nutritional/medicinal effects. Thus:
A large number of essential amino acids, such as aspartic acid, glutamic acid, serine, glycine, arginine, valine and lysine (Garr', 1972)
- Minerals (mg/100g), Fe 16.6, Mn 0.8, Cu 5.9, Zn 3.8, Na 18.7, K 2,050 and Ca 150
- Vitamins, Thyamine (B1), Riboflavin (B2), and Vitamin C (Garr', 1972 and Deni A., et al, 1994)
Tests have been carried out on guinea pigs, frogs, cattle, sheep and certain observations made with human beings, showing:
- 4 alkaloids named macaina 1, 2, 3 and 4 have been detected, which stimulate the reproductive system of both sexes (Chac'n, 1962; Garr', Le'n, and Julca, 1993); it is considered that the alkaloids in maca activate the calcitonine hormone that regulates calcium and phosphorus metabolism and activates the parathonnone involved with same metabolism.
- The high presence of the amino-acids lysine and arginine in maca has an effect on the regulation of female and male fertility respectively; arginine constitutes 80% of male reproductive cells, thus, maca could solve problems related to deficiency of these amino acids, leading to lack of sexual desire and originating certain types of male and female infertility.
- Among its components are certain sterols, (Espinoza and Poma, 1995): Brassycosterol, Ergosterol, Carnpesterol, delta 7.22 Ergostadienol, and specially Sitosterol (Dini A. et al, 1994). Correction of menopause problems and an increase in female fertility are attributed to maca sterols and lysine.
- Glucosinolates have been found, specially benzyl isotiocyanate (Johns, 1980); this author finds that worldwide, plants with glucosinolates, like maca, are consumed because of their action on reproductive hormonal processes.
- Fructose, a monosaccharide sugar with 173.3 degree of sweetness, superior to glucose, is present; fructose is recommended for combating athletes' fatigue; fructose is a sugar utilized by seminal plasma to give energy to spermatozoids.
In summary, the Peruvian Andes offer maca as one of the best natural revitalizing and invigorating substances that exist; for this reason it is called an Andean Ginseng. In general, maca can overcome energy wear and tear caused by the modern accelerated way of life, poor nutrition and inadequate social and hygienic environment.
Quality will make the difference! There are many companies advertising Maca 750; make sure what you order is Medicine-Plants' MACA750™.
- Increase in female fertility and the production of seminal fluid in males.
- Animals fed with maca had the same weight as those fed on other products, but, those fed with maca were more active and energetic, that is to say, maca is a great source of energy without fattening.
- Young born from female fed on maca had higher birth weight;
- It may control rickets and osteomalacia in children and adults.
- It revitalizes physical and intellectual capabilities.
- It is effective against premature aging and organic feebleness with the loss of energy.
- It controls different kinds of anemia.
Our high quality is due to the ideal growing conditions in the highest elevation of the Peruvian Highlands and the fact that our maca is always sun-dried, a process which can take 4-6 months. Some maca brands use a less expensive, cooking method of drying maca, but this can change the therapeutic properties of this amazing herb.
Precautions for MACA750™:
What To Expect From Herbs
and Natural Supplements
with a hormonally related cancer, such as an estrogen receptive breast
cancer, or those with endometriosis are discouraged from using this
- Women using estrogen blockers such as Tamoxifen should not use products that affect estrogen levels.
- Men with a hormonally related cancer, such as prostate cancer, are discouraged from using this herb.
Drugs act fast. Herbs feed and nourish our bodies and this is a time
consuming process yet a healthy one. We can't expect herbs and other
natural supplements to compete time-wise with drugs. Herbs work slowly.
This is important to remember when treating any condition with herbs,
but especially sexual dysfunction. So please be patient.
MACA750's nutritional values make it one of the most powerful medicinal plants on earth.